can make a
Road to Residency Mentorship Program
The program offers guidance to US Medical Residency aspirants at Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, Telangana. By aspirants, we mean an interested GMC student, a recent graduate, or an alumnus who is actively planning to pursue a medical career in the US.
Specifically, aspirants would be ‘mentored’ by GMC alumni currently practicing in the US on:
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) steps, and the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) process
- Observership / Clerkship opportunities available at their practice location
- Out-patient & Inpatient experience at a private practice, regional hospital, or a University
- Research projects and other scholarly activities
- Residency programs at specific institutions or hospitals, interview and match process
- Advanced specialties
- Visa related questions
- Relocation support
GMCGA members Dr. Ram Pasupuleti, Dr. Venkat Bodavula, and Dr. Kalyan Kadali offer an invite-only webinar that interested candidates can attend to learn more about the program. Those interested in attending this webinar should send an email to GMCRoad2Residency@gmail.com, along with relevant details such as name, batch number & a copy of the GMC college/ hospital ID card to receive the webinar link.
The GMCGA board also invites interested GMC alumni, currently practicing in the US, to take up mentorship of aspirants under the aegis of the Road to Residency Mentorship Program. You could also become a speaker in one of our quarterly or semi-annual webinar sessions. This opportunity is also open for the children of GMC alumni in the US.
Please email GMCRoad2Residency@gmail.com for details on how you can help, and we will do our best to match/connect you with suitable candidate/s.